A fully instrumented bench top Heat Transfer Service Unit providing regulated and adjustable AC power for all of the optional modules plus a number of auxiliary power outlets. The unit includes instrumentation that is common to all modules, this being a 12 point digital temperature indicator and digital current and voltage meter. Where appropriate, additional instrumentation is supplied with the various optional modules.
The range of optional modules currently include convection, conduction (steady state and transient),
radiation, perfect gases, thermodynamic properties of fluids and solid materials, enhanced methods of heat transfer, thermoelectric heat transfer, boiling and condensing heat transfer and a closed cycle heat engine. However the range is continuously being expanded.
Internal electronic and mechanical safety devices to allow for unsupervised operation by students. Optional data acquisition is available for attachment to this unit.
The optional modules include:
- H112A: Linear Heat Conduction Module
- H112B: Radial Heat Conduction Module
- H112C: Laws Of Radiant Heat Transfer/Heat Exchanger Module
- H112D: Combined Convection And Radiation Module
- H112E: Extended Surface Heat Transfer Module
- H112F: Radiation Errors In Temperature Measurement Module
- H112G: Unsteady State Heat Transfer Module
- H112H: Thermal Conductivity Of Liquid And Gases Module
- H112J: Perfect Gas Laws Demonstration Module
- H112M: Marcet Boiler
- H112N: Thermal Conductivity Of Building Material Unit
- H112P: Free And Forced Convection From Flat, Pinned And Finned Plates
- H112Q: Thermoelectric Heat Pump
- H112R: Stirling Engine
- H112S: Boiling Heat Transfer Module